Employee Background Clearances
New Start Transports (NST) provides one of the most comprehensive employee background checks in the youth transport industry. NST utilizes an employment screening agency for all its background checks. As part of this screening process, all employees must complete the following checks and clearances before getting hired:
- Expanded Criminal Background history. Includes state and federal records check in all residential location dwellings over seven years, national criminal index search, OFAC global terrorist search, and a national sex offender registry search.
- Motor Vehicle Records history. NST wants to ensure that all employees have a current driver's license and a reputable driving record for the safety of clients.
- Drug Screening. All employees must successfully complete a ten-panel drug screening.
- Employment and Reference Checks. Each employee has an employment background screening administered by NST.
- TrustLine Registry. Within the first 90 days of employment, employees working in and out of California are required to successfully register with TrustLine. TrustLine is an additional background clearance required by the state of California that performs comprehensive FBI fingerprint and background checks on all its applicants. Click here to learn more about TrustLine.
- To ensure employees are always compliant with our no tolerance drug policy, we also perform random drug testing.