New Start Employees have the following qualifications:
- Successful passage of the NST background clearance checks
- TrustLine registered within 90 days of employment for all employees operating in and out of California
- Annually trained in the New Start Transport Intervention (NSTI) model and certified in Positive Control Systems (PCS). PCS is a crisis intervention program that can be compared to a variety of other models: Nonviolent Crisis Intervention (NCI), Handle With Care (HWC), Integrated Crisis Response (ICR), and The Mandt System.
- Certified in CPR and First Aid response
- Regularly trained in New Start Transport's policies and procedures
- Physically able to safely provide transportation to at-risk youth
- Enjoy working with and providing support to troubled youth
Additionally, New Start Transport employees have many of the
following backgrounds and training:
- A Bachelor's degree in social work, psychology, or a similar field
- Current or past employment in the social work related industry
- Experience working with troubled adolescents.
- Certified or sometimes instruct additional crisis intervention courses
- Medical, mental health, and/or an educational professional history
- Athletically inclined